Job Title : Vehicle Parts Apprenticeship Programme
Employer : Keltruck - Tamworth
Location : Tamworth, West Midlands, B78 1TS
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Vehicle Parts - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-03985
Brief Description : Remit Group are recruiting on behalf of one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles. Keltruck have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Parts Consultant to join their team!
Qualifications Required : • Minimum requirements range from 4 GCSE equivalents at Grade 4 or above.
(English and Maths mandatory)
• A full UK Driving licence is essential for this role.
Vacancy Detail : Scania GB are world leaders in innovation and technical excellence and are one of the world’s leading truck manufacturers. They are currently recruiting for high quality Apprentices to train as Parts Consultants through their Scania Apprenticeship Programme which is considered as one of the best in the industry.
Main areas of responsibility will include:
• Interpret customer needs and supply goods as requested by thorough knowledge of parts
• Order parts in line with operational needs.
• Check incoming stock against delivery notes and store stock in correct location, updating
computer with goods received in an accurate manner.
• Assist with delivery and collection of parts as required.
• Ensure that all outgoing stock, ICT's and returns are checked, packaged and documented
• Ensure adequate stock control is maintained and assist with regular stock take.
• Deal with customer needs face to face and over the phone with a professional and friendly
• Ensure that usual trading terms e.g. discount levels are adhered to at all times.
• Accurate booking of workshop parts.
• Pre picking of parts to aid efficiency.
• Invoice all parts supply in a timely manner.
• Ensure that order numbers are obtained where needed.
• Input/extract information from the computer systems.
• Assist with warranty returns and old unit stock returns.
• Establishing where VOR orders are essential within authority limits.
• Assist with other duties as and when required.
• Returning supplier packaging.
• Working closely with dayshift technicians and foreman
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 8.30 - 5.30 Monday to Friday (40 Hours per week)
Salary : £11354.88 Per Year
Application Deadline Date : 30/08/2019
Possible Start Date : 02/09/2019
Personal Qualities : • You will need to have a high level of attention to detail with a clear positive attitude to work and the determination to succeed.
Skills Required : • Proven organisational skills
• Excellent customer service skills, including the ability build positive relationships with the
customer and to interpret customer needs
• Proven administrative skills
• The ability to work as a team player in a busy department
• Computer literate
• Able to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
Training to be Provided : This is a Parts Consultant Apprenticeship, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 1 week (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
· VRQ & VCQ Parts Consultant Level 2
· Functional Skills in Maths and English (if required).
Other Information : The competition for apprenticeship placements is strong so please ensure your application is tailored to the type of apprenticeship you are applying for, pay attention to presentation, spelling and grammar and include any relevant experience, hobbies/interests or qualifications.
The map below shows the employer's location