Job Title : Heavy Vehicle Apprenticeship
Employer : D&A Commercials Ltd
Location : Belvedere, Kent, DA17 6BS
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-03953
Brief Description : Remit are recruiting on behalf of D&A Commercials,who have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to kick start their career and join their skilled team as a Heavy Vehicle Technician.
If you are interested, apply now!
Qualifications Required : No previous automotive qualifications are required, and we will support and help develop your English and Maths.
Vacancy Detail : D&A Commercials are a local Heavy Vehicle specialist and they are known for their excellent customer service and high working standards. They are currently looking to expand their team of skilled technicians.
As an Apprentice you will work alongside a team of experienced Technicians, where you will learn to maintain and repair vehicles that are heavier than 3.5 tonnes.
The role of a Heavy Vehicle Technician falls into three main responsibilities:
• Servicing – working to guidelines to ensure a vehicle is running at optimum performance.
• Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail.
• Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem.
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
• Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes.
• Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles ready for mechanical work.
• Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification.
• Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes.
• Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 Hours per week 8am -5pm MON-FRI I hour lunch
Salary : £156.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 13/09/2019
Possible Start Date : 23/09/2019
Personal Qualities : You will need to demonstration passion for the industry and a strong work ethic in order to dedicate yourself to learning our techniques.
Skills Required : No skills are required as we will provide all the training needed for the role.
Key personal skills to demonstrate include:
• A willingness to learn
• Mechanical interest
• Personal responsibility and resilience
• Problem Solving
Future Prospects : On successful completion of your Level 3 apprenticeship along with functional skills in Maths and English (where required) you will be a fully qualified Heavy Vehicle Technician with the skills to continue your career in the industry.
Training to be Provided : This is a Heavy Vehicle Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Standard, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Heavy Vehicle) Level 3
• Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
Other Information : Technicians normally work 40 hours a week, typically from Monday to Friday. During busy periods it may be required to also work Saturdays with a day off in the week.
Things to consider : This apprenticeship would last for 3 years and will require dedication and commitment for the duration of the position.
The map below shows the employer's location