Job Title : Apprentice Vehicle Paint Refinisher Technician
Employer : S & L Motors Limited
Location : Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG13 9HP
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Vehicle Maintenance and Repair - Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-03920
Brief Description : Are you looking to start your career within the Accident Repair Industry? Remit Group are recruiting on behalf of S and L motors who are looking for a brand new Apprentice Paint Refinisher!
Qualifications Required : There are no entry requirements to apply, we will support you to develop your skills in English and Maths.
Vacancy Detail : .You will be trained to complete every aspect of painting a vehicle from paint preparation, through to painting and polishing.
• Preparing paint spraying equipment
• Preparing the bodywork of the vehicle.
• Mix paint by eye or using computer technology to ensure the best colour match
• Applying several coats to the car, including primers, colours and protective finishes.
• Solving paint application problems; defects, cause and cures
• Maintaining and cleaning equipment.
• Storing paints in the correct conditions.
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
• Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
• Liaising with the customer or insurance company
• Providing quotations and estimations
As part of the service a bodyshop offers, you may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new.
• Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
• Polish the windows, wheels, door handles and mirrors
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours per week - working hours to be discussed.
Salary : £260.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 11/12/2019
Possible Start Date : 13/01/2020
Personal Qualities : Commitment and enthusiasm are a must and a passion for motor vehicles and physical work would be an advantage.
Skills Required : • To be thorough and pay attention to detail
• The ability to use your initiative
• Analytical thinking skills
• Persistence and determination
• The ability to work well with others
Future Prospects : If you’re looking for a motor industry apprenticeship which could lead not just to a job but a long-term career with opportunities for promotion and progression, then this could be for you!
Training to be Provided : This is a Vehicle Paint Apprenticeship Standard, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 12 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme, which equals 4 weeks per year. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Level 3
• Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
The map below shows the employer's location