Job Title : Vehicle Panel Beater (Body Repair) Apprenticeship
Employer : Werrens Ltd - Luton
Location : Luton, Bedfordshire, LU11UU
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Vehicle Fitting - Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-03906
Brief Description : Are you looking to start your career within the Accident Repair Industry? Remit Group are recruiting on behalf of Werrens who are looking for a brand new Apprentice Panel Beater to join their team!
Qualifications Required : • A driving licence would be preferred, but not essential.
Vacancy Detail : As an apprentice you will learn how to repair, and sometimes replace, damaged bodywork using specialist techniques with traditional tools and the latest equipment.
• Assessing a vehicle to establish the extent of damage
• Based on the initial assessment, deciding whether to repair or replace bodywork
• Removing damaged panels
• Refitting new/repaired panels
• Repairing damaged bodywork using traditional dolly and hammer or more modern techniques
• Repairing small dents, holes or corroded areas using a compound filler
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
• Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
• Liaising with the customer or insurance company
• Providing quotations and estimations
As part of the service a bodyshop offers, you may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new.
• Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
• Polish the windows, wheels, door handles and mirrors
Whilst the vast majority of work is accident-related, panel beaters also carry out cosmetic work on behalf of owners keen to give their beloved cars the motoring equivalent of a face lift!
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Working hours will be Monday to Friday - 40 Hours.
Salary : £156.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 23/08/2019
Possible Start Date : 02/09/2019
Personal Qualities : We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and want to become experts in their technical field.
Key personal skills to demonstrate include:
• A willingness to learn
• Mechanical interest
• Personal responsibility and resilience
• Problem solving
Skills Required : • To be thorough and pay attention to detail
• The ability to use your initiative
• Analytical thinking skills
• Persistence and determination
• The ability to work well with others
• To be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
• A basic level of experience in an automotive environment
Future Prospects : Werren's are looking for someone to train and develop into a qualified member of their team.
Training to be Provided : This is a Body Repair Apprenticeship Standard, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 12 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme, which equals 4 weeks per year. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• Vehicle Damage Panel Technician Level 3
• Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required).
Other Information : Werrens Luton will be opening in September 2019.
The map below shows the employer's location