Job Title : Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship
Employer : Vintec Autos t/a Roding Garage Ltd
Location : Ongar, Essex, CM5 9PP
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-03877
Brief Description : Would you like to start your career in the automotive industry? Remit Group are recruiting on behalf of Vintec Autos This is an excellent opportunity to kick start your career as a Light Vehicle Technician
Qualifications Required : There are no entry requirements to apply, we will support you to develop your skills in English and Maths.
Vacancy Detail : As an Apprentice you will work alongside a team of experienced Technicians, where you will learn to maintain and repair customer’s vehicles to a very high standard.
The role of a Light Vehicle Technician falls into three main responsibilities:
• Servicing – working to guidelines to ensure a vehicle is running at optimum performance.
• Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail.
• Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem.
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
• Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes.
• Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles ready for mechanical work.
• Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification.
• Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes.
• Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon - Fri 08:30 - 17:30 Sat 08:30 - 13:30 (Alternative Saturdays)
Salary : £156.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 30/09/2019
Possible Start Date : 07/10/2019
Personal Qualities : We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and want to become experts in their technical field.
Key personal skills to demonstrate include:
• A willingness to learn
• Mechanical interest
• Personal responsibility and resilience
• Problem solving
Skills Required : To be thorough and pay attention to detail
• The ability to use your initiative
• Analytical thinking skills
• Persistence and determination
• The ability to work well with others
• To be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
Future Prospects : On completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will be fully qualified as a Light Vehicle Mechanic in which you could receive an average salary between £15,000 and £35,000 a year.
Training to be Provided : This is a Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by, Remit Group.
Training is delivered on a block release basis at the Remit Academy in Derby.
This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the 3-year duration of the course. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result you will achieve the following:
• Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Light Vehicle Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
• Functional Skills in English & maths (if required)
The map below shows the employer's location