Job Title : Apprentice Mechanical, Electrical and Trim Technician
Employer : Station Coachworks Ltd
Location : Essex, Essex, CM6 1XJ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Vehicle Body and Paint - Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-03870
Brief Description : Remit Group are recruiting on behalf of Station Coachworks. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to kick start their career within the automotive industry to become a Mechanical, Electrical and Trim Technician. Apply now!
Qualifications Required : No previous automotive qualifications are required, and we will support and help develop your English, Maths and ICT.
Vacancy Detail : As an apprentice, you will gain expert working knowledge in relation to the removal, repair and replacement of engine, gearbox, suspension, mechanical and electrical systems. This includes:
• Assessing a vehicle to establish the extent of damage
• Remove and refit non-structural body panels and mechanical and electrical systems
• Remove and refit any part relating to the vehicle, to the correct alignment.
• Remove, repair and replace: engine, gearbox, suspension, mechanical and electrical systems
• Diagnose and fix faults within a vehicle management system (on board computer) & associated electrical system
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
• Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
• Liaising with the customer or insurance company
• Providing quotations and estimations
As part of the service a bodyshop offers, you may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new.
• Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
• Polish the windows, wheels, door handles and mirrors
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon -Fri 8:30-5:30
Salary : £200.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 26/08/2019
Possible Start Date : 27/09/2019
Personal Qualities : Commitment and enthusiasm are a must and a passion for motor vehicles and physical work would be an advantage.
Skills Required : The job involves numerous activities, will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles. As a MET Technician, you will often be working alongside panel beaters, so good communication and being able to follow instructions would be good skills to have.
Future Prospects : If you’re looking for a motor industry apprenticeship which could lead not just to a job but a long-term career with opportunities for promotion and progression, then this could be for you!
Training to be Provided : This is a Mechanical, Electrical and Trim Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered on a block release basis at the Remit Academy in Derby.
This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 4 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the 18-month duration of the course. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result you will achieve the following:
• VRQ & VCQ level 2 certificates in Mechanical, Electrical & Trim (MET) Technician
• Functional Skills in English & maths (if required)
Things to consider : MET involves manual labour and requires a reasonable level of physical strength and stamina. It is important that MET technicians always use personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow safety procedures.
The map below shows the employer's location