Job Title : IT Computing Support Technician Apprentice
Employer : Kings Junior School
Location : Canterbury, Kent, CT2 0AY
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-03780
Brief Description : Remit Group are recruiting on behalf of The Kings School in Canterbury, steeped in history where the teachings are advanced and modern. They are on the lookout for a new IT Technician Apprentice to join their technical and welcoming IT Team!
Qualifications Required : • To be considered, you must have at least 5 GCSE’s graded A/C or 9/4 or above, including English and Maths, or the Functional Skills/Key Skills equivalents.
• The Apprentice is responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people. This will need to be adhered to and you’ll need to ensure compliance with the Schools Child Protection Policy Statement at all times.
Vacancy Detail : The Junior Kings School aims to provide an outstanding all-round education for children within a secure, happy and caring environment at the centre of which is a vibrant boarding community.
This is a brilliant opportunity where you can learn and develop your skills to correctly provide support to both staff and pupil users of computing servers within an incredibly diverse and welcoming IT Environment.
Detailed Summary of Role:
• You’ll assist with the servicing and repairing of computers throughout the school
• Get involved with installing and configuring device drivers; as well as installing and upgrading network PC’s
• You’ll assist with fault diagnosis within the network systems
• Learn about the deployment of client end software
• Learn and have the chance to provide classroom support for lessons undertaken in the computing classrooms
• You’ll need to ensure that, in the process of upgrading or fault fixing that data integrity is maintained and you’ll need to chance that systems are left sully operational.
• Have the chance to assist with the maintenance and setting up on equipment within the computing classrooms.
• You will need to assist where required; This includes the cleaning and maintenance of projectors, whiteboards and touch displays. You may also need to assist with screen or sound sets up for various presentations or displays.
• Have the opportunity to gain some knowledge and understanding of many aspects relating to IT Support, such as; VMware servers and desktop virtualization environments – monitoring and tools.
• You’ll learn how to maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries, including ownership, feedback, allocation and follow ups. In addition, you’ll help utilise the support desk and conform to ITIL Processes.
• You’ll learn how to assist and support teachers, support staff and pupils in their use of computing services.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Salary : £185.25 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 16/09/2019
Possible Start Date : 30/09/2019
Personal Qualities : • You’ll need to be incredibly organised, able to work to deadlines and possess the ability to multi-task.
• Possessing excellent communication skills and having a brilliant telephone manner is a must. You should be able to provide consistent and professional customer service.
• You’ll have to have a desire to work within the Technical sector and show an eagerness to learn and develop.
• Have an enthusiastic, confident and adaptable personality, with a tenacious work ethic and great interpersonal skills
• You are expected to work primarily under the supervision of the Network Manager and Head Technician. At time you will also be required to work under the direct supervision of the JKS IT Technician; Above all you are expected to develop working relationships with teachers and support staff.
Skills Required : Having experience in the following may be beneficial, but not overall essential as you will be learning these as well.
• DHCP, DNS, Windows Servers, Active Directory, Exchange, Web Services, Network Monitoring, VOIP, SQL Databases, IP Addressing and Networking Tools/Commands.
The following skills however are desirable
• Having a knowledge of general IT Hardware and Software is essential, along with a natural affinity for technology
• A previous experience or interest in working, building or repairing PC’s would be beneficial
• You should have a logical approach to troubleshooting problems, solving technical issues and using your initiative to think outside the box.
• Possess the ability to work within deadlines, whilst maintaining an excellent attitude for providing great customer service.
• A passion for working within the IT Sector and enthusiastic to learn and develop overall knowledge
Future Prospects : As well as the chance to receive full on the job training throughout, by the end of the Apprenticeship you’ll have gained nationally accredited qualifications as well as English & Maths Functional Skills Level 2.
The company are also offering a full, long term position of employment with them upon successful completion of the Level 3
Training to be Provided : The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues’ and the organisation’s productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification (Choose one option)
Other Information : Why choose Junior Kings Schools?
• They have a Cycle to Work Scheme, the school is located in a beautiful area so it’s a chance to take in the scenery
• You have the chance to get free lunch meals during term time
• You’ll have a Gold Membership for their Recreational Club! Many of the Staff take part!
• Basic 20 Days Holiday with 8 Bank Holidays. They also close for 2 days over the Christmas Period.
• They care about their employees. They offer a Private Assistance Phone Line to their staff if you feel you need extra help with anything!
• They also offer Pensions and Life Insurance
• They’ve achieved the Artsmark Gold Award, by the Arts Council England, which has recognised the advanced creative development of individual young people
Junior Kings School also give out training to all staff at regular intervals. They like to train all their new staff with:
• 1st Aid Training
• Safeguarding and GDPR Training
The map below shows the employer's location