Job Title : IT Infrastructure Support Apprentice
Employer : Westgate IT
Location : Bath, Somerset, BA2 3DZ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-03775
Brief Description : Remit Group are recruiting on the behalf of Westgate IT, the South Wests leading IT Service Provider who provide customer focused IT Support to Businesses. They're looking for two skilled and technically literature individuals join a close-knit team.
Qualifications Required : • To be considered, you must have at least 5 GCSEs or equivalent, graded A/C or 8/4 or above, including English and maths or the Functional Skills/Key Skills equivalents
• A minimum of at least two A-Levels or the equivalent
• A University Degree would be beneficial but not necessary.
Vacancy Detail : West Gate IT provide a range of services to prominent businesses and government organisations; such as Technical Support, Consultancy and Security Services. This is the perfect opportunity for any individual looking to advance or progress their career within the IT Support Sector.
As an Apprentice West Gate will give you training on their industry leading procedures and policies, including the opportunity to progress your career through technical qualifications, all being fully supported by them! They’re on the lookout for someone who thrives as part of a team, an individual who can be resourceful when they need to work independently. A skill set combined with strong problem solving and IT Skills, means that your attention to detail should be first class.
• You’ll develop and learn how to support clients servers and infrastructure by helping to provide telephone and remote support to the West Gate client list.
• Learn how to investigate and resolve issues which have been escalated to you from Junior Engineers.
• Have the chance to visit clients on-site installing workstations and other equipment.
• You’ll work alongside and assist a team of Junior Engineers, helping to train them so they have the skills needed to resolve issues without the need for escalation.
• You’ll be using the Service Desks ticketing software, to log and record any and all client interactions and communication.
• Assist the Projects Team, with a range of different projects, all varying in type and difficulty.
• Assist the Security Team in their Harding Location with client’s networks and performing vulnerability scans. However, this is only after you’ve completed the relevant training.
• Above all else, you’ll need to provide an unparalleled customer service experience, ensuring that Customer Focus and Transparency are one of the main priorities.
Positions Available : 2
Working Week : Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Salary : £288.75 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 06/09/2019
Possible Start Date : 08/09/2019
Personal Qualities : • You’ll need to be incredibly organised, able to work to deadlines and possess the ability to multi-task
• You’ll have to have a desire to work within the technical sector and show an eagerness to learn and develop
• Have an enthusiastic, confident and adaptable personality, with a tenacious work ethic and great interpersonal skills
• Having a strong foundation IT Server and Infrastructure Skills goes without saying, but you’ll need to be the kind of person who enjoys a challenge and enjoys using your initiative.
Skills Required : • You’ll need to have a strong foundational knowledge on IT Servers and Infrastructure, including hardware, software, networking, troubleshooting and more!
• You will need to have been working in the IT Support Sector for a minimum of 2 years. Your overall skill set will need to be either 2nd Line or very high 1st Line Support across Microsoft Servers, Cloud Services and Infrastructure.
• A previous experience or interest in working, building or repairing PC’s would be beneficial
• You should have a logical approach to troubleshooting problems, solving technical issues and using your initiative to think outside the box
• Possess the ability to work within deadlines, whilst maintaining an excellent attitude for providing great customer service
• Possessing excellent communication skills and having a brilliant telephone manner is a must. You should be able to provide consistent and professional customer service
Future Prospects : As well as the chance to receive full on the job training throughout, by the end of the Apprenticeship you’ll have gained nationally accredited qualifications as well as English & Maths’s Functional Skills Level 2.
The company are also offering a full, long term position of employment with them upon successful completion of the Level 3
Training to be Provided : The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues’ and the organisation’s productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification (Choose one option)
Other Information : Throughout this Apprenticeship, you'll be mainly based in their Bath Office. There will also be some travelling to Westgates' Client Sites, however these are normally day trips.
Why choose West Gate IT?
• Your joining a fun, welcoming and energetic environment
• You’ll be working alongside a great team of people, who value and respect each other’s abilities and who are always willing to help each other and the clients they support.
• Training is provided, this is individually assigned to develop a strong skillset
• There’s regular social events to attend!
• 20 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays. This increasing by 1 day, every year of service (Max 25 days)
• A Cycle Scheme
• A Tech Scheme
• A Healthcare Scheme (Following a successful 3-month probation)
• Contributory Pension Scheme
The map below shows the employer's location