Job Title : IT Technical Support Assistant Apprentice
Employer : Traders Warehouse
Location : Derby, Derbyshire, DE24 8AJ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-03771
Brief Description : Remit Group are recruiting on the behalf of Traders Warehouse are on the lookout for a Technical Support Apprentice to join their friendly team, based at Pride Park in Derby.
Qualifications Required : To be considered, you must have at least 5 GCSE’s graded A/C or 9/4 or above, including English and Maths, or the Functional Skills/Key Skills equivalents.
Vacancy Detail : Due to their continued expansion, Traders Warehouse are on the search for an outgoing, active individual who’s ready to join their brilliant ad fast growing business as a Technical Support Assistant based at their Derby Head Office. It’s a fantastic chance to kick start your long-term career in the IT field, whilst working towards a recognized Level 3 Qualification as an Infrastructure Technician.
They’re looking for a technically literature, tenacious individual who has an eagerness to learn and takes pride in their work. If you have a natural affinity for technology, computers and are experienced in giving a great customer service experience then Traders Warehouse are looking forward to hearing from you.
As a Technical Support Assistant your main roles and responsibilities will include:
• You’ll report directly to the Technical Support Department Manager.
• Be responsible for specifying systems with the help of the Department Manager.
• You’ll have to use your initiative to learn alongside other members of the team and you should be able to keep up to date with the latest emerging technologies.
• Have the opportunity to be hands on with hardware, software, networking and more.
• As your role progresses with time, you’ll be expected to take incoming calls and talk their customers through the setup of Trader Warehouses’ systems over the phone.
Other Duties will also include:
• Providing administration support for the IT Team and in-house IT Support for the companies 5 UK branches.
• Have the chance to assist the Sales Team with product recommendations and updating their website and marketing material.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm
Salary : £169.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 06/09/2019
Possible Start Date : 09/09/2019
Personal Qualities : You’ll need to be incredibly organised, able to work to deadlines and possess the ability to multi-task.
Possessing excellent communication skills and having a brilliant telephone manner is a must, as you’ll be providing an excellent customer service experience.
You’ll have to have a desire to work within the Technical sector and show an eagerness to learn and develop.
Have an enthusiastic, confident and adaptable personality, with a tenacious work ethic and great interpersonal skills
Skills Required : Have a good working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Software, including:
Microsoft Office Suite
Adobe Creative Suite
Windows 7 experience is a must
Windows Server & Mac OSX experience would be advantageous
You should have a good telephone manner ad visualisation skills in order to guide customers through set-up of the company’s systems over the phone.
Possess the ability or experience with speaking face to face with customers
Be willing to learn about Traders Warehouses’ large product range.
• The following skills will be advantageous attributes:
A knowledge or experience with HTML
Previous experience within the security industry (especially CCTV and Access Control)
Experience with the NetSuite CRM System
Experience with Microsoft Windows Server Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange Server
Future Prospects : As well as the chance to receive full on the job training throughout, by the end of the Apprenticeship you’ll have gained nationally accredited qualifications as well as English & Maths’s Functional Skills Level 2.
The company are also offering a full, long term position of employment with them upon successful completion of the Level 3
Training to be Provided : The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues’ and the organisation’s productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification (Choose one option)
Other Information : Why choose Traders Warehouse?
• Discounts are always available for various Tech Products and Solutions e.g. CCTV Systems
• They have a culture of “Pay-Day Drinks”
• On the last of the month, you can look forward to a casual dress down day
• 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (3 days must be retained for the Christmas Shutdown)
The map below shows the employer's location