Job Title : IT Support Apprentice
Employer : EWS Digital
Location : Derby, Derbyshire, DE1 2RJ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals - Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-03687
Brief Description : Remit Group are recruiting on the behalf of the award winning EWS Digital who help a range of brands become successful online. Due to recent and continued growth they are looking to recruit 2 new Application Support Apprentices' to join their team in Derby
Qualifications Required : You are required to have GCSE A-C grades or equivalent in English and Maths to apply for this type of apprenticeship. If you do not have these grades but have completed numeracy and literacy Key Skills/Functional Skills at level two you may also apply for these apprenticeships.
Vacancy Detail : EWS Digital are looking for a Technical Support Apprentice with a real passion for ensuring customer satisfaction and learning new systems to join their support team. This role is the perfect opportunity for a great team player, someone whose customer focused and self-motivated with a positive attitude and overall, looking to make their first step into the IT industry!
You will help to assist and resolve customer queries across a range of systems whilst maintaining SLA's and being responsible for creating high level reports to send to EWS Digital's important stakeholders.
You will also be reporting directly to the Manager of the Support Desk, whilst also having the chance to gain day to day mentor ships from one of EWS Digitals' senior support team.
Typical day to day responsibilities will include the following:
• Providing support to customers via telephone regarding issues with orders
• Take ownership of client incidents logged in the support desk and resolve these via troubleshooting, liaising with our development teams, and guiding the client through corrective steps.
• Get involved with the logging of service desk tickets, ensuring all the fields are completed, assigning the correct priority status to the call.
• Maintain an agreed level of contact with the customer to deliver an exceptional level of service our customers expect.
• Work to individual and team SLA’s to ensure they are met or exceeded where possible.
• Communicate verbally and in writing to customers and other internal stakeholders
• Be able to communicate at an appropriate level, especially where technical information may need to be interpreted in a non-technical way.
• Have excellent written skills being able to accurately and concisely log issues on our ticket system
• Work collaboratively with other members and where necessary being happy to make the extra effort to ensure everyone’s work is done.
• Construct and communicate customer incident and shift reports.
Positions Available : 2
Working Week : Monday to Friday: 8:45am - 5:15pm
Salary : £216.66 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 26/07/2019
Possible Start Date : 29/07/2019
Personal Qualities : You'll need to demonstrates a passion for customer service
Have a proactive attitude and be an overall team player
Articulate and have a good grasp of the English Language
Outgoing, sociable and have a strong desire to acheive
Skills Required : Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good clear telephone manner
Excellent customer focus and strong desire to provide exceptional customer service
A good team player with a flexible approach, possessing a strong commitment to customer service excellence
A background in relevant customer care / service environment, including handling e-mail and telephone queries
Future Prospects : There is a full time position possible upon successful completion of the Level 3 apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : The apprenticeship includes a balance of content in technical, business and interpersonal areas, designed to ensure you have an appropriate set of skills to operate in today’s IT and Telecoms job roles. The technical content includes a choice of units for Software Development, Web Development, Technical Support, Telecommunications and Databases. IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professional Level 3 includes: Level 3 IT Professional Competence Diploma, Level 3 ICT Systems and Principles Diploma, Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT L2
Other Information : The office is extremely accessible, with free onsite parking and is just a short walk from the bus and train stations.
Why work for EWS Digital? – We’re a young, vibrant and ambitious company, aiming for very big things. We work as a close-knit team in a relaxed, yet productive environment, and hold a passion for developing talent within the business.
The business has been in operation since 2008 and they are working with some amazing clients, such as Starbucks, Morrisons and Barclaycard.
This role and employer also comes with it's perks and benefits: There's a casual dress code, a cycle to work scheme, 20 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays and they're offices' are a 5 minute walk to the Derby Intu Centre.
Things to consider : How will you be travelling to the location?
This is an advanced Level 3 qualification, so some self-study may be required.
The map below shows the employer's location