Job Title : Vehicle Parts Consultant Apprenticeship
Employer : Scania South Mimms
Location : South Mimms, Hertfordshire, EN6 3NG
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Vehicle Parts - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-03640
Brief Description : We are recruiting on behalf of one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles. Scania GB have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Parts Consultant to join their team!
Qualifications Required : Minimum requirements are a Grade '4' or equivalent in GCSE English Language and Maths.
Vacancy Detail : Scania GB are world leaders in innovation and technical excellence and are one of the world’s leading truck manufacturers. They are currently recruiting for high quality Apprentices to train as Parts Consultants through their Scania Apprenticeship Programme which is considered as one of the best in the industry.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
• Checking incoming stock against delivery notes and store stock in correct locations.
• Handling, storing and receiving stock, payments, procedures, identifying, sourcing and ordering parts.
• Support customers and workshop staff with parts identification and process.
• Deal with customer needs face-to-face and over the phone with a professional and friendly approach
• Offering exemplary customer service through efficient and accurate parts look up
• Ensure quality is maintained throughout all stages to exceed customers’ expectations
• Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to build positive relationships with the customer and to interpret customer needs
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 8.30am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Saturday working on rota.
Salary : £288.40 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 29/07/2019
Possible Start Date : 01/08/2019
Personal Qualities : A keen interest and passion for Customer Service
• Practically minded
• Logical approach to problem solving
• An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills
Skills Required : As a central point of contact for both of our internal and external customers you will need to have excellent communication skills. You should be IT literate (although full training will be provided) and be able to demonstrate attention to detail in the way you work.
Future Prospects : At Scania, they invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout their Global organisation.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; CUSTOMER FIRST, RESPECT FOR THE INDIVIDUAL, ELIMINATION OF WASTE, DETERMINATION, TEAM SPIRIT and INTEGRITY in all we do.
Training to be Provided : During your Vehicle Parts Apprenticeship programme, you will be required to attend our state-of-the-art Training centre. All travel expenses to and from the centre, together with the costs of the accommodation, are paid for by Scania GB.
As Scania’s dedicated training partner, Remit Group, we will deliver comprehensive training to all Apprentices periodically throughout the 2 ½ year programme. During these training sessions, your dedicated Development Coach will review your progress, set SMART targets, and identify any additional support that you may require.
To embed your knowledge further, as part of the apprenticeship programme, Functional Skills in English, Mathematics and ICT will be provided to ensure you have that essential knowledge, skills, and understanding to enable you to operate confidently in the workplace environment.
As a result, you will achieve:
• Level 2 and 3 VCQ & VRQ Certificate in Vehicle Parts Operations
• Functional Skills Qualifications (if applicable) in:
Other Information : The competition for apprenticeship placements is strong so please ensure your application is tailored to the type of apprenticeship you are applying for, pay attention to presentation, spelling and grammar and include any relevant experience, hobbies/interests or qualifications.
The map below shows the employer's location