Job Title : Heavy Vehicle Apprenticeship - Level 3
Employer : Riccall Commercials Ltd
Location : Selby, North Yorkshire, YO8 5LD
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-03584
Brief Description : Remit are recruiting on behalf of Riccall Commercials for a dedicated Heavy Vehicle apprentice to join their team at the purpose built premises in Selby.
Qualifications Required : No previous automotive qualifications are required, but ideally GCSE’s 9 to 3 (A-D) or equivalent in Maths and English.
Remit will support you to develop your skills in English and Maths.
Vacancy Detail : As an Apprentice at Riccall Commercials, you will work alongside a team of experienced Technicians, where you will learn to maintain and repair vehicles that are heavier than 3.5 tonnes.
The role of a Heavy Vehicle Technician falls into three main responsibilities:
• Servicing – working to guidelines to ensure a vehicle is running at optimum performance.
• Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail.
• Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem.
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
• Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes.
• Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles ready for mechanical work.
• Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification.
• Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes.
• Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours, 8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday (18+ 8am - 6pm)
Salary : £156.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 21/06/2019
Possible Start Date : 01/07/2019
Personal Qualities : An interest not only in automotive, but more importantly HGV is a must.
Skills Required : No skills are required as we will provide all the training needed for the role, just bring your enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
Future Prospects : If you’re looking for a motor industry apprenticeship which could lead not just to a job but a long-term career with opportunities for promotion and progression, then this could be for you.
Training to be Provided : This is a Heavy Vehicle Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Standard, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 12 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Heavy Vehicle) Level 3
• Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
The map below shows the employer's location