Job Title : Light Vehicle Apprentice Technician - Level 3
Employer : Torque Garage Ltd
Location : Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE12 7AR
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-03599
Brief Description : Remit are recruiting on behalf of Torque Garage, who have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join their team as a Light Vehicle apprentice technician.
Qualifications Required : No previous automotive qualifications are required, but ideally GCSE’s 9 to 3 (A-D) or equivalent in Maths and English.
Remit will support you to develop your skills in English and Maths.
Vacancy Detail : You will receive hands on training from the fully qualified technicians at Torque Garage in all the latest servicing and diagnostic techniques.
The role of a Light Vehicle Technician falls into three main responsibilities
• Servicing – working to guidelines to ensure a vehicle is running at optimum performance.
• Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail.
• Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem.
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
• Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes.
• Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles ready for mechanical work.
• Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification.
• Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
• Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
• Liaising with the customer or insurance company
• Providing quotations and estimations
The workshop is always kept in an immaculate condition even whilst working, with this in mind, part of your initial training will include the health & safety induction, how to store tools and how to keep the work area tidy.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours, 8:30am - 5:30pm, Monday - Friday
Salary : £156.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 26/07/2019
Possible Start Date : 05/08/2019
Personal Qualities : An interest in cars is an absolute must.
A full UK drivers licence is preferable, but not essential
Skills Required : No skills required as full training will be given, just bring your enthusiasm
Future Prospects : If you’re looking for a motor industry apprenticeship which could lead not just to a job but a long-term career with opportunities for promotion and progression, then this could be for you.
Training to be Provided : This is a Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• Apprenticeship Standard Light Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
• Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
• F Gas air conditioning qualification
The map below shows the employer's location