Job Title : IT Technical Support Apprentice
Employer : Peak Support Services
Location : Matlock, Derbyshire, DE4 3JX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-03541
Brief Description : Remit Group are recruiting on behalf of Peak Support Services Ltd. Reporting to the Customer Services Manager (CSM), the apprentice will assist in providing 1st Line technical support on the customer support helpdesk
Qualifications Required : You are required to have GCSE A-C grades or equivalent in English and maths to apply for this type of apprenticeship. If you do not have these grades but have completed numeracy and literacy Key Skills/Functional Skills at level two you may also apply for these apprenticeships.
Vacancy Detail : This support will involve managing the incoming support calls and providing telephone and remote support to Peak Support customer base. The call control system will be updated by the apprentice who will assist in managing the outstanding calls and provide a weekly report of open jobs for the CSM and the engineering meetings.
The apprentice will provide support in accordance with the customer’s Service Level Agreement (SLA) including liaising with CSM and System Engineers (SE) to arrange site visits.
When escalation issues arise, the apprentice will liaise with the CSM & SE to determine the action to be taken.
Where no SLA agreement is in place, consultation with the (CSM) or senior management is required prior to supplying technical support by telephone or remotely.
The apprentice primary activity is to remotely troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and networking issues together with preventative maintenance as required by the customer.
The apprentice will also from time to time assist with the setup, configuration and testing of new systems including hardware, software and cabling extending to accompanied onsite installation and support work.
The apprentice will be required to develop a high standard of engineering skills and customer care through ongoing training and effective communication with the engineering team, customers, suppliers and Peak Support Services’ management team.
Thoroughness, the ability to communicate with the client base, flexibility and quality of service in customer support is critical to the business and the apprentice. As part of this team, the apprentice will be required to ensure Peak Support deliver all these qualities to our client base.
Support calls – repairs/preventive maintenance
• Ensure the public calendar is kept up to date with relation to engineering visits and remote software audits.
• Ensure that response times for hardware and software problems are within the pre-defined service level agreement (SLA)
• Aim to resolve all problems in a timely manner and within the SLA where applicable.
• In the event of a non-trivial technical issue, a course of action will be decided upon to resolve the problem within a reasonable timescale. This should be agreed verbally with the customer.
• In conjunction with the CSM, planning and scheduling preventative maintenance visits to all sites and ensuring these visits are recorded.
• Assisting with maintenance stock repairs, customer repairs and general stock control and housekeeping procedures.
• Identifying stock requirements and advising CSM of additional stock requirements.
• To assist with systems which are pre-configured, tested and documented prior to delivery to customer site. Coordinating with the CSM & System Engineering staff who has responsibility of quality control prior to delivery of systems to clients.
• Conform to Peak Support documented standards and recommended procedures is required.
Scheduling of installations
• Working closely with the sales team, the client, senior engineers, installation, planning, scheduling and delivery of systems will be the CSM responsibility.
Technical support to other staff
• Providing technical support to other engineering staff and work as a team player.
• Bringing to management attention potential new products of hardware and software which can be used in Peak Support Services product portfolio.
Training, presentation and competency qualifications
• Assist in identifying the needs of the engineering team and bringing to the attention of the CSM skills shortages and additional training recommendations.
• Continue to obtain competency qualifications as required by the company.
• Assist in developing in-house technical training courses for Peak Support staff and possible external clients.
• Assist in developing presentation demonstrations for in house and customers.
• Assist in developing marketing information such as e-shots, brochures etc.
• If required, submit monthly engineering expenses to the CSM for approval prior on forwarding to accounts department for payment.
• As part of the engineering team we encourage suggestions on system improvements, review the present systems in place and where possible recommend to the management team improved procedures to be implemented.
Engineering team meetings
• Attend weekly engineering team meetings as required and contribute to the meetings.
• Attend monthly company meetings as required and contribute to the meetings.
• Feedback from existing customers who are requiring additional hardware, software or upgrades etc. All engineers can be the sales team “eyes and ears” and report any sales opportunities back to the sales team.
• Ensure that accurate records are kept of configurations, equipment lists, passwords etc to ensure that the Systems Engineer role is working with current information.
• Other duties as requested by Peak Support Management team.
The ability to keep accurate documentation and records of the work undertaken will be required together with reporting to the (CSM) on a regular basis.
Sharing information within the company is encouraged and the apprentice will be required to advise and co-ordinate with other departments e.g. sales, marketing and administration on related matters.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday - 9:00am - 17: 30pm
Salary : £146.25 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 06/06/2019
Possible Start Date : 02/06/2019
Personal Qualities : Peak Support Services encourage individual development and the apprentice will be required to attend training courses that the company will identify as necessary to assist their role at Peak Support Services.
The apprentice position will require adopting an enthusiastic and pro-active approach with a positive attitude toward customer support and working within a team.
Skills Required : Candidates must have a keen interest in problem solving, maintenance and repair.
As technical support you will need to demonstrate:
Good IT skills
Strong organisational skills
Good written and verbal communication
An understanding of customer service
A good work ethic with a determination to succeed
Ability to work within a team or covering your own caseload of work
Future Prospects : For the right apprentice, there will be an offer of permanent employment on completion of the apprenticeship
Training to be Provided : The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues’ and the organisation’s productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification (Choose one option)
Other Information : For the right apprentice, there will be an offer of permanent employment on completion of the apprenticeship
Things to consider : This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to get into the professional IT services field.
The map below shows the employer's location