Job Title : Barista Apprenticeship
Employer : Starbucks London
Location : London, London, SW18 5LT
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Business Services
Vacancy Reference : VAC-03533
Brief Description : Remit Group are recruiting on behalf of Starbucks, who have an exciting apprenticeship opportunity to become a Starbucks Barista within their Equity Starbucks stores and surrounding areas.
Vacancy Detail : By bringing people together over coffee, Starbucks has become one of the world’s best-known and best-loved companies. Working at Starbucks is a lot like working with your friends. Employees are called “partners” because they believe in shared common goals and mutual success. Starbucks are dedicated to serving ethically sourced coffee, caring for the environment and giving back to the communities where they do business.
It is your chance to be part of something special.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks.
- Maintains a calm demeanour during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the "Third Place" environment during each shift.
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Follows Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that partners can locate resources and product as needed.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational methods.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
The candidate must be fully flexible across a 5 day work pattern and able to open and/or close the store.
The starting salary is £8.21 p/h.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 24 hours per week, flexibility required. Earliest start 5am, latest finish 9:30pm.
Salary : £197.04 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 28/06/2019
Possible Start Date : 08/07/2019
Skills Required : - Positive, can-do attitude
- Keen to learn new skills within the operation
- Strong eye for detail
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Ability to work as part of a team
Future Prospects : Permanent position available upon completion of the apprenticeship for the successful candidate. There may be the opportunity to progress into a higher level.
Training to be Provided : Depending on your role within the department, you may specialise in a particular area, but the skills you learn on this apprenticeship will allow you to work across all different areas which you may be required to support during busy periods. You will develop your knowledge of the industry and gain the skills that will ensure your customers feel well looked after and have a great experience. You will have excellent communication skills and will learn techniques on how to deal with a variety of people in a professional, polite and friendly manner. Following completion of this apprenticeship there may be opportunities for career progression and further study at a higher level. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Functional Skills in English & maths Level 1 and upskill to Level 2
Other Information : Tube, bus and train stations within a close proximity of the Starbucks store.
Things to consider : This role will involve early morning and evening shifts across seven days a week.
The map below shows the employer's location