Job Title : Mechanical, Electrical and Trim Technician Apprentice
Employer : Rye Street (Borehamwood)
Location : Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 1US
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Vehicle Body and Paint - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-03441
Brief Description : Remit are working with Rye Street Group to recruit a MET apprentice to join their busy and exciting bodyshop team.
Qualifications Required : No previous automotive qualifications are required, and we will support and help develop your English, Maths and ICT
Vacancy Detail : The role of a MET Technician is to identify mechanical and electrical components on damaged motor vehicles which need to be removed before the bodywork repairs can be carried out and to refit them after the repairs are complete.
As an apprentice, you will gain expert working knowledge in relation to the removal, repair and replacement of engine, gearbox, suspension, mechanical and electrical systems. This includes:
• Assessing a vehicle to establish the extent of damage
• Remove and refit non-structural body panels and mechanical and electrical systems
• Remove and refit any part relating to the vehicle, to the correct alignment.
• Remove, repair and replace: engine, gearbox, suspension, mechanical and electrical systems
• Diagnose and fix faults within a vehicle management system (on board computer) & associated electrical system
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
• Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
• Liaising with the customer or insurance company
• Providing quotations and estimations
As part of the service a bodyshop offers, you may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new.
• Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
• Polish the windows, wheels, door handles and mirrors
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours, 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday
Salary : £200.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 26/07/2019
Possible Start Date : 05/08/2019
Personal Qualities : Commitment and enthusiasm are a must and a passion for motor vehicles and physical work would be an advantage
Skills Required : The job involves numerous activities, you will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles.
As a MET Technician, you will often be working alongside panel beaters and paint sprayers, so good communication and being able to follow instructions would be good skills to have.
Future Prospects : On successful completion of your apprenticeship you will receive a NVQ Level 2 Certificate along with functional skills in Maths, English and ICT. You could then have the opportunity to progress towards your Level 3 qualification
Training to be Provided : This is a Mechanical Electrical and Trim Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by our training partner, Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby.
This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 4 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• Diploma in Vehicle Accident Body Repair, Vehicle Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET) L2
• Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
• F Gas air conditioning qualification
Diploma in Vehicle Accident Body Repair, Vehicle Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET) L2
Things to consider : MET involves manual labour and requires a reasonable level of physical strength and stamina.
It is important that technicians always use personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow safety procedures
The map below shows the employer's location