Job Title : Vehicle paint technician apprenticeship level 3
Employer : Commercial Body Works
Location : ST. NEOTS, Cambridgeshire, PE19 6PS
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Vehicle Body and Paint - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-03382
Brief Description : Remit are recruiting for Commercial Bodyworks who have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to kick start their career and join a skilled team as a Vehicle paint technician. If you are interested, apply now!
Qualifications Required : Good levels of English and Math's are beneficial
Vacancy Detail : .You will receive first class training in all the latest repair techniques from Commercial Bodyworks fully qualified Senior Body Repair Technicians. You will be that all important first contact for the customer who need your services after an accident.
Training will include:
• Damage assessment
• Job cards and assessment reports
• Panel removal, repair and refit
• Chassis alignment techniques
• Welding and joining
• Vehicle valeting
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : mon to fri
Application Deadline Date : 22/11/2019
Possible Start Date : 25/11/2019
Personal Qualities : You will need to have a high level of attention to detail and working to a high standard to ensure the customer’s car is in safe hands and has been restored to its previous pristine condition.
Skills Required : .• Ability to follow instructions
• Good communications skills
• Good attention to detail
• Good work ethic and motivation to learn
Future Prospects : On completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will be fully qualified as a Vehicle Paint Technician in which you could receive an average salary between £15,000 to £30,000a year.
Training to be Provided : • This course usually takes 18 months to gain an NVQ/VCQ Level 2.
• To do this you'll go to a further education (FE) college, either on day or block release.
• The rest of the time will be spent in a place of employment where you will get to learn practical skills from seeing the real working environment
• You will shadow qualified technicians so that you are able to learn first-hand how to repair faults and damage.
• You will also get the opportunity to assist in the repair work.
• Once you pass your assessments and progress through your course you will be able to start completing tasks on your own.
• To ensure you are competent in completing tasks on your own a Remit assessor will visit you periodically at the work place to complete assessment testing with you.
Training is delivered to suit the needs of every apprentice and their employer, where possible, and includes:
• On-the-job supported study
• Distance learning and self-study
• Classroom sessions
• Off-the-job training
• Block training
Other Information : There is a large gap in the motor trade, where people a crying out for highly skilled Body Repair Technicians. Do you have the passion and commitment to rise to the challenge?
Things to consider : An apprenticeship is a great way to bridge the gap between the student and working world. This apprenticeship lasts for 18 months, but the skills you will learn will last a lifetime.
The map below shows the employer's location