Job Title : Apprentice Light Vehicle Technician
Employer : Stores Road Service Station
Location : Derby, Derbyshire, DE21 4BD
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-03307
Brief Description : Remit Group are currently recruiting on behalf of Stores Road Service Station, they are looking for an Light Vehicle apprentice to join their expanding team.
Do you have a passion to become a Light Vehicle Mechanic? If so, apply now.
Vacancy Detail : As an Apprentice you will work alongside a team of experienced Technicians, where you will learn to maintain and repair customer’s vehicles to a very high standard.
The role of a Light Vehicle Technician falls into three main responsibilities:
• Servicing – working to guidelines to ensure a vehicle is running at optimum performance.
• Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail.
• Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem.
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
• Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes.
• Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles ready for mechanical work.
• Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification.
• Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes.
• Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 8.30am - 5pm Monday to Friday
Salary : £160.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 31/05/2019
Possible Start Date : 03/05/2019
Personal Qualities : You will need to have a high level of attention to detail with a clear positive attitude to work.
Skills Required : Skills that are desired:
• A level of experience of working with motor vehicles
• Logical approach to problem solving
• An awareness of how to work safely
• An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills
Future Prospects : An apprenticeship is a great way to bridge the gap between the student and working world.
This apprenticeship lasts for 36 months, but the skills you will learn will last a lifetime.
Training to be Provided : Upon completing your initial enrolment with your supervisor;
->You will shadow your colleagues to gain first hand experience in the latest techniques for repairing damaged components.
->You will get the opportunity to assist in repair work.
->You will be supported by our training partner Remit Group to develop your theoretical understanding of the industry at their Automotive Academy.
->You will have a personal Remit Development Coach who will visit you regularly at your work place to aid your progression through the programme.
Other Information : N.B. Remit is based in Nottingham but we operate Nationwide. Please expect a call from a Nottingham (0115) number.
The map below shows the employer's location