Job Title : Vehicle Paint Apprentice Technician
Employer : Mill Garage Body Shop
Location : Sevenoaks, Kent, TN14 6LB
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Vehicle Body and Paint - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-03270
Brief Description : Remit are recruiting on behalf of Mill Garage as they have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join their skilled team at their brand new site on Half Moon Lane as a Vehicle Paint Technician Apprentice!
Qualifications Required : No previous automotive qualifications are required, and we will support and help develop your English, Maths and ICT.
Vacancy Detail : Mill Garage Bodyshop offers a full range of services from simple scratch, dent and bumper repairs through to heavy accident/collision damage, vehicle rebuilds and restoration.
You will be trained to complete every aspect of painting a vehicle from paint preparation, through to painting and polishing.
• Preparing paint spraying equipment
• Preparing the bodywork of the vehicle.
• Mix paint by eye or using computer technology to ensure the best colour match
• Applying several coats to the car, including primers, colours and protective finishes.
• Solving paint application problems; defects, cause and cures
• Maintaining and cleaning equipment.
• Storing paints in the correct conditions.
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
• Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
• Liaising with the customer or insurance company
• Providing quotations and estimations
As part of the service a bodyshop offers, you may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new.
• Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
• Polish the windows, wheels, door handles and mirrors
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours per week 7:00am-5:00pm Mon-Fri
Salary : £156.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 23/08/2019
Possible Start Date : 02/09/2019
Personal Qualities : Commitment and enthusiasm are a must and a passion for motor vehicles and physical work would be an advantage.
Skills Required : The job involves numerous activities, will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles. As a Paint Technician, you will often be working alongside panel beaters, so good communication and being able to follow instructions would be good skills to have.
Training to be Provided : This is a Vehicle Paint Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 4 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance. As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• VRQ & VCQ level 2 certificates in Vehicle Paint Refinishing
• Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
Things to consider : You’d be using specialist equipment like a manual spray gun along with various masks and breathing apparatus, which requires a reasonable level of physical fitness. It is important that Paint Refinshers always use personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow safety procedures for using hazardous materials
The map below shows the employer's location