Job Title : IT Support Apprentice
Employer : Formpipe
Location : Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG7 2RR
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-03122
Brief Description : Remit Training are currently recruiting on behalf of a dynamic and fast growing Life Science software development and IT services company that creates Electronic Content Management (ECM) software products and Business Intelligence (BI) solutions.
Qualifications Required : Preferably 5 GCSEs (A-C) or equivalent/predicted
Passion for IT infrastructure and networking
Vacancy Detail : We are working with Formpipe a software company in the field of ECM (Enterprise Content Management). ECM is the collective name of various technologies, products and systems that captures, processes, stores, archives and delivers information in a systematic and controlled manner.
If you want to start your career within a fun organisation; gain a qualification which is valued globally and throughout the IT community, with the opportunity to progress; then this opportunity is not to be missed
The IT Technical Apprentice will be responsible for internal IT support and assisting the support desk. During the apprenticeship you will be reporting to the Internal Infrastructure Manger and work as an integrated member of the team. You will also work closely with the Support Manager to manage internal IT user support and provide additional support capacity and use current Microsoft development tools and techniques.
The role will be split between the following three core activity areas:
Internal Infrastructure Support:
• Conduct daily and monthly checks to ensure internal IT works in an efficient safe manner e.g. backup checks and restore tests, monitoring data review
• Support and configure internal IT infrastructure - PCs, laptops, servers and peripherals
• Infrastructure improvement projects – e.g. server version upgrades, improved monitoring
• Check for updates and infrastructure security patches e.g. to Firewall, VPN
• Patching, provisioning and retirement of virtual servers to support customer projects
• Check operation of windows updates services
• Undertake housekeeping tasks to ensure infrastructure is optimally configured and used
Internal User Support:
• Responding to internal tickets raised for internal user support from approx. 20 users
• Manage company accounts/emails including creating/disabling users as required, changing passwords and resetting accounts
• Manage company phone system, including desktop and mobile
• Any requested assistance with user equipment including applications e.g. Office, log/manage calls with supplier companies if required
• Maintain changes to infrastructure and network documentation
• Responsibility for allocating/issuing/setup of IT for all new starters
• 1st line support for hosted applications following internal work instructions (which could include some out of hours work)
• Updating/creation of both internal & customer facing support articles for the support team
• Provide technical advice & investigation to the support team on infrastructure related tickets.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday - 8:30am - 17:00pm
Salary : £146.25 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 05/07/2019
Possible Start Date : 08/07/2019
Personal Qualities : Friendly
Attention to detail
Willingness to learn
Hardworking and motivated
The ability to use your own initiative
Skills Required : Confident
Good time keeping skills
Working within deadlines
Good communication skills
Knowledge and interest in Windows and IT Infrastructure
Future Prospects : After successfully completing the apprenticeship there is an opportunity for future progression, contract to be extended or made permanent.
Training to be Provided : The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues’ and the organisation’s productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification (Choose one option)
Other Information : After successfully completing the apprenticeship there is an opportunity for future progression, contract to be extended or made permanent.
Remit Training will deliver the Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship this will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues and maintain organisation’s productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3
• Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
• CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification (Choose one option)
The map below shows the employer's location