Job Title : SCANIA Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Technician Apprenticeship
Employer : Scania Sheffield
Location : Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S9 2UB
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-03016
Brief Description : As one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice HGV Repair Technician who takes pride in providing excellent customer service and has a passion for working with the best.
Qualifications Required : • No formal qualifications are needed, although a good standard of English and Maths would be an advantageous.
Vacancy Detail : Based at Scania GB, you will have the opportunity to gain new skills and knowledge whilst carrying out maintenance and repairs on Scania heavy vehicles in your workplace, this will include mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical vehicle systems. You will also receive excellent training at our bespoke training centre to further develop your new skills and knowledge to the next level.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
• Learning the fundamentals of Heavy Vehicle technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, electrical systems and testing.
• You will be trained on how to: Service, Maintain and Repair Scania trucks which have the latest New G-Series and XT Range cutting-edge technology.
• Set up accessories and specific equipment on the vehicles
• Ensure appropriate work logs are kept for all vehicles, all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
• Working alongside a qualified Technician/Mentor learning how to carry out repairs according to Scania procedures in a safe and responsible manner
• To attain high levels of morale and focus to ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish in order to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided by the Dealer point
• To represent the company in a professional and courteous manner at all times when dealing with customers and the general public
• Liaise with parts department to attain parts
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 8am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday
Salary : £160.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 27/06/2019
Possible Start Date : 01/07/2019
Personal Qualities : • You will need to have a high level of attention to detail with a clear positive attitude to work and the determination to succeed.
Skills Required : • A keen interest and passion for Heavy Vehicle technology
• Practically minded
• Logical approach to problem solving
• An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills
Future Prospects : At Scania, we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Following the competition of your Scania Apprenticeship Programme, you will have to opportunity to advance their knowledge and skills by taking our Master Technician product training courses.
Training to be Provided : During your Heavy Vehicle Apprenticeship programme, you will be required to attend our state-of-the-art Training centre. All travel expenses to and from the centre, together with the costs of the accommodation, are paid for by our employers.
Alongside your apprenticeship training, you will complete a series of Scania recognised product-training courses, which when completed allow them to achieve a Scania Technician status.
Our dedicated training partner, Remit Group, will deliver comprehensive training to all Apprentices periodically throughout the 3-year programme. During these training sessions, your dedicated Development Coach will review your progress, set SMART targets, and identify any additional support that you may require.
To embed your knowledge further, as part of the apprenticeship programme, Functional Skills in English and Mathematics will be provided to ensure you have that essential knowledge, skills, and understanding to enable you to operate confidently in the workplace environment.
As a result, you will achieve:
• Level 3 in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Standard
• Functional Skills Qualifications (if applicable) in:
Other Information : • You will be contacted by REMIT Group to discuss this opportunity further and guide you through the application process.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is expected to start in July/August 2019.
The map below shows the employer's location