Job Title : Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Technician - Level 3
Employer : P & J Vehicle Services Ltd
Location : Latchingdon, Essex, CM9 6NL
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-02978
Brief Description : Remit are recruiting for P & J Vehicle Service Ltd, who are looking for an Heavy Vehicle apprentice to join our expanding team.
Do you have a passion to become a Heavy Goods Vehicle Mechanic dealing with over 3.5 tonne vehicles? If so, apply now.
Qualifications Required : No previous automotive qualifications are required, but ideally GCSE’s 9 to 3 (A-D) or equivalent in Maths and English.
Vacancy Detail : You will receive first class training in all the latest servicing and diagnostic techniques
As an apprentice, you will learn:
• Servicing – carrying out checks
• Learning the fundamentals of Heavy Vehicle technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis design, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, etc.
• Vehicle Maintenance – replacing / repairing engine parts
• Diagnostics – using the latest diagnostic equipment
• Maintaining repair and service records
• To represent the company in a professional and courteous manner at all times when dealing with customers.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours, 8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday
Salary : £156.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 17/05/2019
Possible Start Date : 27/05/2019
Personal Qualities : Commitment and enthusiasm are a must and a passion for motor vehicles and physical work would be an advantage.
Skills Required : The job involves numerous activities so you will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles.
As a heavy vehicle technician, you will often be working as part of a team, so good communication and being able to follow instructions would be good skills to have.
Future Prospects : On successful completion of your Level 3 apprenticeship along with functional skills in Maths and English (where required) you will be a fully qualified Heavy Vehicle Technician with the skills to continue your career in the industry
Training to be Provided : This is a Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered on a block release basis at the Remit Academy in Derby.
This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the 3-year duration of the course. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result you will achieve the following:
• Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Heavy Vehicle Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
• Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
The map below shows the employer's location