Job Title : Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Technician
Employer : P & J Vehicle Services Ltd
Location : Maldon, Essex, CM9 6NL
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-02978
Brief Description : Here at P & J Vehicle Service Ltd, we are looking for an Heavy Vehicle apprentice to join our expanding team.
Do you have a passion to become a Heavy Goods Vehicle Mechanic dealing with over 3.5 tonne vehicles? If so, apply now.
Qualifications Required : Good Maths and English GCSE grades are desired.
Experience within the automotive industry previously would be an advantage.
Vacancy Detail : Day to Day duties will vary but include:
• Servicing – carrying out checks
• MOT’s – identifying parts with wear and tear
• Learning the fundamentals of Heavy Vehicle technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis design, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, etc.
• Vehicle Maintenance – replacing / repairing engine parts
• Diagnostics – using the latest diagnostic equipment
• Maintaining repair and service records
• To represent the company in a professional and courteous manner at all times when dealing with customers and the general public
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday - Friday: 8AM start
Salary : £148.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 28/02/2019
Possible Start Date : 01/03/2019
Personal Qualities : You will need to have a high level of attention to detail with a clear positive attitude to work.
Skills Required : Skills that are desired:
• A keen interest and passion for motor vehicle
• Logical approach to problem solving
• An awareness of how to work safely
• An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills
Future Prospects : On completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will be fully qualified as a Heavy Vehicle Mechanic in which you could receive an average salary between £27,000 and £32,500 a year, in which equivalates to a weekly salary of £500.
Training to be Provided : This is a Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by our dedicated partner, Remit Group.
Training is delivered on a block release basis at the Remit Academy in Derby.
This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the 3-year duration of the course. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result you will achieve the following:
• Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Heavy Vehicle Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
• Functional Skills in English & maths (if required)
Other Information : N.B. Remit is based in Nottingham but we operate Nationwide. Please expect a call from a Nottingham (0115) number.
The map below shows the employer's location