Job Title : Apprentice Chef
Employer : The Royal Oak Hotel
Location : Great Ayton, Middlesborough, North Yorkshire, TS9 6BW
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-02960
Brief Description : Remit Group are working with the Royal Oak in Great Ayton to find a food enthusiast to train as a chef in this local, privately owned pub/restaurant. This role would suit a young person looking to get into the hospitality sector.
Qualifications Required : GCSE Grades A - C English and Maths would be useful
Vacancy Detail : Aim of the role:
Food preparation, cooking and presentation in all areas of the kitchen.
Assisting the Head Chef and team in continually providing a quality, customer orientated service.
Duties and responsibilities:
• To train to prepare and cook meals as ordered, following house recipe preparation processes
• Working flexible hours to meet the demands of the business to cover the provision of the above services
• Prepare and present high-quality food
• Ensure and maintain high standards of hygiene, cleanliness and safety in the kitchen and surrounding areas
• Ensure correct and economical use of materials and equipment
• Report mechanical defects in need of repair
• You will be trained to be fully conversant with and implement where necessary all general Food Hygiene and Health and Safety regulations, paying particular attention to temperature monitoring, dating of food items, cleaning schedules and personal hygiene
• Assist in general cleaning requirements as necessary
• Ensure correct stock holding procedures are adhered to, including receiving and storing daily deliveries in the correct manner
• Assist the Head Chef in the day to day running of catering operations
• Assist the Head Chef in the design and development of new dishes
• To carry out such other duties as may from time to time be necessary, compatible with the nature of the post
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 hours per week; Mon, Tues & Wed 10.00 - 21.00
Salary : £111.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 03/05/2019
Possible Start Date : 07/05/2019
Personal Qualities : Passionate about food; some experience of cooking would be helpful; keen to learn and develop new skills and a flexible approach and attitude are required.
Skills Required : Effective communication; hardworking; team player
Future Prospects : To become part of the permanent team
Training to be Provided : Depending on your role within the department, you may specialise in a particular area, but the skills you learn on this apprenticeship will allow you to work across all different areas which you may be required to support during busy periods. You will develop your knowledge of the industry and gain the skills that will ensure your customers feel well looked after and have a great experience. You will have excellent communication skills and will learn techniques on how to deal with a variety of people in a professional, polite and friendly manner. Following completion of this apprenticeship there may be opportunities for career progression and further study at a higher level. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Functional Skills in English & maths Level 1 and upskill to Level 2
Other Information : This role is based in a local pub/restaurant with new private owners. They are looking for someone who can quickly become part of the team and help the business to grow.
Things to consider : Breakfast is served from 10am - noon; lunch from 12 - 6.30 and dinner from 6.30 - 9pm. You will be expected to be able to work across all these shifts.
YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR OWN TRANSPORT AS THIS EMPLOYER IS SITUATED IN A RURAL LOCATION WITH LITTLE PUBLIC TRANSPORT
The map below shows the employer's location