Job Title : Apprentice Vehicle Panel (Body Repair) Technician *2019 Summer Start*
Employer : Apollo Motor Group (Sittingbourne)
Location : Sittingbourne, Kent, ME10 2PG
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Vehicle Body and Paint - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-02919
Brief Description : At Apollo Motor Group we have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to kick start their career and join our skilled team training as a Vehicle Panel Technician. If you are interested, apply now!
Qualifications Required : Minimum requirements range from 4 GCSE equivalents at Grade 4 or above. These must include English and Maths, with ICT preferred but not essential.
Vacancy Detail : Throughout our 33-year history, the Apollo Group has repeatedly impressed and set industry standards with unparalleled service excellence. As a result, the company has evolved into the best known and most valuable repair group in the South of England.
You will receive exceptional training from our team of fully qualified Senior Technicians in the latest techniques for restoring vehicles to a pristine condition.
These techniques include:
• Stripping of vehicles for repair as per job card
• Panel removal, repair and refit
• Reporting any extra parts needed to Workshop Controller/Estimator
• Complete quality control check sheet
• Check the correct repair method is being used
• Demonstrating Chassis alignment techniques
• Set up welding equipment correctly as per repair methods
• Use of extraction at all times and the correct fillers
• Correctly fitting vehicles after repair
• Checking locks, lights, electrics as per quality control
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday: 8.00am - 5.30pm
Salary : £148.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 31/03/2019
Possible Start Date : 02/09/2019
Personal Qualities : • Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Using initiative
• High level of attention to detail
Skills Required : • Strong communication skills
• Well organised
• Ability to work in a fast-paced working environment
• A keen interest and passion for motor vehicle
Future Prospects : You will naturally progress onto to your Level 3 apprenticeship. On completion of the Level 3 qualification, you will be fully qualified as a Vehicle Parts Consultant in which you could receive an average salary of £25,000 a year.
Training to be Provided : This is a Vehicle Body Repair Apprenticeship, delivered by our dedicated partner, Remit Group.
Training is delivered on a block release basis at the Remit Academy in Derby.
This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 4 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the 18-month duration of the course. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will achieve the following:
• VRQ & VCQ level 2 certificates in Vehicle Body Repair
• Functional Skills in English & maths (if required)
Other Information : You may be called by our dedicated training provider, Remit Group, who will discuss you through the recruitment process and guide you through the recruitment process. This call may come from a Nottingham (0115) number.
The map below shows the employer's location