Job Title : Apprentice Vehicle Panel (Body Repair) Technician
Employer : Apollo Motor Group (Prestige)
Location : Chichester, Hampshire, PO19 8TX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Vehicle Body and Paint - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-02915
Brief Description : We are recruiting on behalf of Apollo Motor Group and have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join them as a Vehicle Panel Technician. If this sounds like the perfect career for you, apply now!
Qualifications Required : Minimum grade requirements are at least 4 GCSE’s at Level 4 (or equivalent) including English and Maths, with ICT an advantage but not essential.
Vacancy Detail : We are working with the largest and most recommended independent vehicle repair group in the South, who have repeatedly impressed and set industry standards with unparalleled service excellence throughout their 33-year history. We are recruiting on behalf of Apollo Motor Group for an Apprentice Vehicle Panel Technician to start their career in Summer 2019.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with state-of-the-art workshops, the latest repair technology and the highest levels of customer service. You will receive exceptional training from their team of fully qualified Senior Technicians in the latest techniques for restoring vehicles to a pristine condition.
These techniques include:
• Stripping of vehicles for repair as per job card
• Panel removal, repair and refit
• Reporting any extra parts needed to Workshop Controller/Estimator
• Complete quality control check sheet
• Check the correct repair method is being used
• Demonstrating Chassis alignment techniques
• Set up welding equipment correctly as per repair methods
• Use of extraction at all times and the correct fillers
• Correctly fitting vehicles after repair
• Checking locks, lights, electrics as per quality control
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday: 8.00am - 5.30pm
Salary : £156.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 31/05/2019
Possible Start Date : 02/09/2019
Personal Qualities : • Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Using initiative
• High level of attention to detail
Skills Required : • Strong communication skills
• Well organised
• Ability to work in a fast-paced working environment
• A keen interest and passion for motor vehicle
Future Prospects : You will naturally progress onto to your Level 3 apprenticeship. On completion of the Level 3 qualification, you will be fully qualified as a Vehicle Panel Technician in which you could receive an average OTE salary between £35,000 to £50,000 a year.
Training to be Provided : This is a Vehicle Body Repair Apprenticeship, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered on a block release basis at the Remit Academy in Derby.
This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 4 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the 18-month duration of the course. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will achieve the following:
• VRQ & VCQ level 2 certificates in Vehicle Body Repair
• Functional Skills in English & maths (if required)
Other Information : You may be called by us, Remit Group, who will discuss you through the recruitment process and guide you through the recruitment process. This call may come from a Nottingham (0115) number.
The map below shows the employer's location