Job Title : Heavy Vehicle Apprentice - Level 3
Employer : Galloway European
Location : Suffolk, Suffolk, IP14 5RR
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-02865
Brief Description : Here at Galloway European, we are looking for an Heavy Vehicle apprentice to join our expanding team.
Do you have a passion to become a Heavy Goods Vehicle Mechanic dealing with over 3.5 tonne vehicles? If so, apply now.
Qualifications Required : No formal qualifications are needed, although a good standard of numeracy and literacy would be an advantageous.
Vacancy Detail : Day to Day duties will vary but include:
• Servicing – carrying out checks
• MOT’s – identifying parts with wear and tear
• Learning the fundamentals of Heavy Vehicle technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis design, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, etc.
• Vehicle Maintenance – replacing / repairing engine parts
• Diagnostics – using the latest diagnostic equipment
• Maintaining repair and service records
• To represent the company in a professional and courteous manner at all times when dealing with customers and the general public
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours, 8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday
Salary : £148.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 22/02/2019
Possible Start Date : 04/03/2019
Personal Qualities : You will need to have a high level of attention to detail with a clear positive attitude to work.
Skills Required : Skills that are desired:
• A keen interest and passion for motor vehicle
• Logical approach to problem solving
• An awareness of how to work safely
• An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills
Future Prospects : On successful completion of your Level 3 apprenticeship along with functional skills in Maths and English (where required) you will be a fully qualified Heavy Vehicle Technician with the skills to continue your career in the industry
Training to be Provided : This is a Heavy Vehicle Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Standard, delivered by our training partner, Remit Group. Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 4 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Heavy Vehicle) Level 3, F Gas air conditioning qualification. Apprenticeship standard Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Other Information : N.B. Remit is based in Nottingham but we operate Nationwide. Please expect a call from a Nottingham (0115) number.
Things to consider : On completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will be fully qualified as a Heavy Vehicle Mechanic in which you could receive an average salary between £27,000 and £32,500 a year, in which equivalates to a weekly salary of £500.
The map below shows the employer's location