Job Title : Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship Level 2
Employer : Corner Garage
Location : Wirral, Merseyside, CH49 3PF
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Vehicle Maintenance and Repair - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-02716
Brief Description : Our client is looking for a motivated individual to join them as a Light Vehicle apprentice. This is a fantastic opportunity for enthusiastic people to kick start their career within the automotive industry and work towards your level 3 qualification.
Qualifications Required : There are no entry requirements to apply, however you will need to complete initial assessments in English, Maths and ICT.•There are no entry requirements to apply, however you will need to complete initial assessments in English, Maths and ICT showing you working to functional skills level 1 or higher
Vacancy Detail : •Determined: able to recognise the opportunity afforded by the apprenticeship and willing to commit to success
•Analytical: able to approach problems logically
•Compliant: prepared to accept leadership and direction
•Empathetic: able to get on with colleagues
•Diligent: determined to get things right first time with close attention to quality
•Persistent: able to balance priorities so that, whilst at work the job comes first
•Integrity: is honest with self and others
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon to Fri
Salary : £148.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 25/01/2019
Possible Start Date : 28/01/2019
Personal Qualities : •Excellent practical skills
•The ability to work quickly but also pay attention to detail
•The ability to work well in a team and on your own
•Good communication skills
•The ability to follow written and verbal instructions
Skills Required : To become a Heavy Vehicle Technician, you will need to demonstrate:
• Excellent practical skills
• The ability to work quickly but also pay attention to detail
• The ability to work well in a team and on your own
• Good communication skills
• The ability to follow written and verbal instructions
Future Prospects : To be a fully qualified Light Vehicle Technician.
Training to be Provided : • This course usually takes 18 months to gain an NVQ/VCQ Level 2
• To do this you'll go to a further education (FE) college, block release.
• The rest of the time will be spent in a place of employment where you will get to learn practical skills from seeing the real working environment
• You will shadow qualified technicians so that you are able to learn first-hand how to repair faults and damage.
• You will also get the opportunity to assist in the repair work.
• Once you pass your assessments and progress through your course you will be able to start completing tasks on your own.
• To ensure you are competent in completing tasks on your own a Remit assessor will visit you periodically at the work place to complete assessment testing with you.
Training is delivered to suit the needs of every apprentice and their employer, where possible, and includes:
• On-the-job supported study
• Distance learning and self-study
• Classroom sessions
• Off-the-job training
• Block training
Other Information : To prepare yourself for interview, please make sure you have researched this role before applying to familiarise yourself with typical duties and have a look at the company's website as well as ours Most technicians work 40 hours a week, from Monday to Friday but may be required to also work Saturdays with a day off in the week Some tasks may be physically demanding although you will use lifting equipment to move heavy parts
The map below shows the employer's location