Job Title : Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship
Employer : NRG Fleet Services (Ellesmere)
Location : Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, CH65 5EU
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-02714
Brief Description : NRG Fleet have an exciting opportunity in their workshop, for an apprentice heavy vehicle technician. You will be mentored by their own fully qualified Senior Technician in all the latest techniques.
Qualifications Required : No formal qualifications are needed, although a good standard of numeracy and literacy would be an advantageous.
Vacancy Detail : Your Main Duties will include
● Periodic inspection and servicing of vehicles
● Diagnostic testing and repair of vehicle faults
● Correct completion of paperwork
● Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers, customers and colleagues
● Carry out work in line with DVSA standards
● Maintain good housekeeping and cleanliness of the workshop
● Other adhoc duties as and when requested
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 Hours, 8.30am – 5.00pm, Monday - Friday
Salary : £236.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 04/01/2019
Possible Start Date : 14/01/2019
Skills Required : ● Genuine interest in working with HGV Vehicles
● Eagerness to Learn
● The ability to work quickly but also pay attention to detail
● Good Communication Skills
● Ability to build relationships with colleagues and customers
● Strong attention to detail.
● Ability to work well in a team but work off own initiative.
● Excellent work ethic
Future Prospects : NRG are looking for someone they can train and develop over the course of their career in the industry
Training to be Provided : An Apprenticeship is a work-based training programme, so as well as working and being trained in NRG Fleets’s workshop, you will also attend Remit’s Academy based near Pride Park in Derby, on a 5-day block release 5 times a year over the 3 year apprenticeship. You will also be assigned an Apprentice Development Coach who will visit you in the workplace, every 4-6 weeks, as part of our commitment to your development and to ensure you succeed.
● VRQ & VCQ level 3 certificates in Heavy Vehicle
● Functional Skills in English, Maths & ICT (if required)
N.B All accommodation, food and travel costs are met by the Employer.
Other Information : NRG is committed to a healthy and safe working environment and expects all managers and staff within the group to implement the Health and Safety policies and procedures in all aspects of their work
The map below shows the employer's location