Job Title : IT Helpdesk Engineer Apprentice
Employer : Compucare
Location : Kenley, London, CR8 5NH
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals - Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-02437
Brief Description : Our client are looking to fill an active apprenticeship ole, where the successful applicant will have on the job training in 1st Line Helpdesk Duties. This will be an ongoing position with a lot of career progression involved.
Qualifications Required : Minimum 5 GCSE’s A-C Including Maths and English and ICT or equivalents
Vacancy Detail : The company would like to welcome a new apprentice to come and join their team. There is a lot of support and a long term future for the successful candidate who shows a strong commitment and a strong work ethic.
For this role you will be tasked with and work on such areas as;
- Monitoring and managing offsite data backup services
- Checking local server backups and rectify issues
- Checking proactive monitoring services and logging calls for any areas of concern. Deal with issues logged from proactive monitoring
- Dealing with administration tasks on Client Windows 2008/2012 based servers, things such as password resets, user creation and management.
- Dealing with administration tasks on Client Exchange Servers and/or Office 365 Platforms such as password resets, user creation and management.
- Tasked with dealing 1st Line Support Calls on Windows Desktops using LogMeln Pro
- Liaising with the companies clients, helpdesk engineers and Directors to update, deal with 1st Line Support Calls, including re-calls and statuses.
- General Helpdesk Duties.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon - Fri: 9am - 5:30pm
Salary : £138.75 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 08/03/2019
Possible Start Date : 11/03/2019
Personal Qualities : Good communication skills essential as dealing with colleagues and clients a lot of the time.
Able to listen and action instructions and be self-motivated.
Good time keeping.
Skills Required : Proven experience and knowledge in aspects of IT.
Good understanding of computer hardware and Windows platform
Future Prospects : Compucare
Training to be Provided : The apprentice will work towards a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms. The qualifications consist of:
Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)
IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
Other Information : Develop a future with the company.
Things to consider : How will you commute to this location?
The map below shows the employer's location