Job Title : Business Administration Apprenticeship
Employer : Blue Square
Location : Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG13 7TZ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Business Services
Vacancy Reference : VAC-02466
Brief Description : Blue Square have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to support the HRIS Administrator.
Qualifications Required : A-C in GSCE's including Maths, English and IT or equivalent qualifications.
Vacancy Detail : Blue Square have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to support the HRIS Administrator. The apprentice will be the first point of contact for inquiries relating to the HR System. The position works particularly closely with the HR Department, Talent Acquisition and HR Development functions, supporting all three with systems queries and processes.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to start a career within either a system administration or Human Resources environment and learn the different elements which make up a HR function.
It is your chance to be part of something special.
Main duties and responsibilities
• The role supports the management of the central HR system, maintaining records, using automated processes and templates to support key functions; preparing reports using various categories of People Data;
• Providing a level of support and helping users (managers and employees) to develop knowledge surrounding effective use of the system.
• Work alongside our Talent Acquisition, HR and Development teams to support the use of the HR system for effective recruitment, onboarding, training and development activities, and ensuring alignment with HR policies and procedures.
• Execution of employee life cycle process, including preparing offers, collating payroll information, issuing contracts, formal letters and leaver processes.
• Make changes and updates to the system as needed.
• Support HRIS team with implementation of projects; driving efficiency and efficacy of the HR System.
• Providing day to day systems support for all matters related to the HR system in accordance with the defined HRIS Service Level Agreement (SLA) timescales.
• Support the development of HR systems training materials and coordination of training
• Ensure that data is processed via the system in a secure and systematic way, in compliance with GDPR and company procedures.
• Ad hoc administrative duties in line with the maintenance of the system and people process.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37.5 hours, Monday - Friday
Salary : £168.75 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 23/02/2019
Possible Start Date : 25/02/2019
Personal Qualities : • Respectful of others, regardless of position, ability and experience
• Ability to listen attentively
• Good communication skills (written and verbal)
• Understand the impact of your actions on customers
• Ability to accept change communicated effectively by key stakeholders and managers
• Results driven
• Resilient and mentally tough (able to deal with challenges and setbacks and take on board feedback)
Skills Required : • Good level of administration experience, with a focus on attention to detail (i.e assignments, projects, school course work).
• Good IT skills, with experience of using Excel and/or database systems (experience of using HR systems preferred).
• Strong communication skills, with experience of engaging with different people (i.e different departments and roles through school, college or previous work experience) and able to communicate confidently and effectively (written and verbal).
• Project experience (assignments, coursework or previous work experience) this will be working within a fast-paced environment and working to short deadlines will be a must.
• A basic understanding of what Human Resources is and the importance of maintaining confidentiality of information and data.
• Commitment to personal development and improvement. We're looking for the apprentice to be proactive and keen to improve systems administration from a technical perspective; and to develop understanding of HR policies, procedures and relevant legislation.
Future Prospects : The apprentice will have the opportunity to gain a Full Level 2 qualification in Business Administration with progression routes available on completion.
Training to be Provided : Full training with be provided by Remit Training on site at Blue Square.
The map below shows the employer's location