Job Title : Summer 2019 Start Vehicle Paint Level 2 Apprentice Technician
Employer : Commercial Body Works
Location : ST. NEOTS, Cambridgeshire, PE19 6PS
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Vehicle Body and Paint - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01983
Brief Description : Our client is looking for a motivated individual to join them as a Vehicle Paint Technician Level 2 apprentice. This is a fantastic opportunity for enthusiastic people to kick start their career within the automotive industry and work towards your Level 3
Qualifications Required : There are no entry requirements to apply, however you will need to complete initial assessments in English, Maths and ICT.
Vacancy Detail : The Vehicle Paint Technician Apprenticeship responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring all parts have been stripped from the vehicle ready to be painted
• Sanding down relevant areas and adjoining areas for blending
• Masking out areas to be treated
• Etching and priming areas to be treated
• Selecting, matching and mixing colour
• Painting panels and vehicles
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : mon-fri 8-4:30 30 min break
Salary : £148.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 01/05/2019
Possible Start Date : 01/07/2019
Personal Qualities : • Determined: able to recognise the opportunity afforded by the apprenticeship and willing to commit to success
• Analytical: able to approach problems logically
• Compliant: prepared to accept leadership and direction
• Empathetic: able get on with colleagues
• Diligent: determined to get things right first time with close attention to quality
• Persistent: able to balance priorities so that, whilst at work the job comes first
• Integrity: is honest with self and others
Skills Required : To become a Vehicle Paint Technician, you will need to demonstrate:
• Excellent practical skills
• The ability to work quickly but also pay attention to detail
• The ability to work well in a team and on your own
• Good communication skills
• The ability to follow written and verbal instructions
Future Prospects : On completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will be fully qualified as a Vehicle Paint Technician in which you could receive an average salary between £15,000 to £30,000a year.
Training to be Provided : • This course usually takes 18 months to gain an NVQ/VCQ Level 2.
• To do this you'll go to a further education (FE) college, either on day or block release.
• The rest of the time will be spent in a place of employment where you will get to learn practical skills from seeing the real working environment
• You will shadow qualified technicians so that you are able to learn first-hand how to repair faults and damage.
• You will also get the opportunity to assist in the repair work.
• Once you pass your assessments and progress through your course you will be able to start completing tasks on your own.
• To ensure you are competent in completing tasks on your own a Remit assessor will visit you periodically at the work place to complete assessment testing with you.
Training is delivered to suit the needs of every apprentice and their employer, where possible, and includes:
• On-the-job supported study
• Distance learning and self-study
• Classroom sessions
• Off-the-job training
• Block training
Other Information : Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.40 per hour (From April 1st 2017 this will be increasing to £3.70 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Things to consider : Most vehicle paint technicians work 40 hours a week, from Monday to Friday but may be required to also work Saturdays with a day off in the week. Some tasks may be physically demanding although you will use lifting equipment to move heavy parts and will be required to wear a face mask for several tasks.
This apprenticeship lasts for 18 months, but the skills you will learn will last a lifetime.
The map below shows the employer's location