Job Title : Apprentice Commis Chef
Employer : The Landmark London
Location : London, London, NW1 6JQ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01899
Brief Description : We are hiring! Would you like to join our journey? Are you driven, focused and passionate about being at the heart and soul of the hotel? The Landmark London can offer much more than just a job. Do not hesitate to apply today and join our team!
Qualifications Required : No formal qualifications required although a good level English and numeracy would be a distinct advantage
Vacancy Detail : We currently have an exciting opportunity for Apprentices who aspire for a career as a professional Chef, to join our Kitchen team and enrol on our 12-month course.
This fantastic opportunity will help you to achieve your qualification while working for a leading 5* hotel with a talented and enthusiastic team, where you will gain a Commis Chef Level 2 Standard Apprenticeship.
Our aim is to be an independent hotel driven by quality and the highest standards of individual hospitality and service, collectively we achieve outstanding performance.
To achieve this, we need to be driven, passionate, to believe in our vision, and to be excited about the journey we’ve started.
You are the heart and soul of our hotel and it’s you that will make our hotel so special. We recognise that employees at all levels need to be empowered and engaged to be able to deliver memorable moments to our internal and external guests.
We want you to feel valued, so as well as investing in our hotel, we’ve committed to investing in you and your long-term career development. Because we believe that The Landmark London can offer much more than just a job.
It is your chance to be part of something truly special.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
• To carry out all tasks as directed by your immediate supervisor/ manager and to assist in any other areas or duties within the kitchen/ hotel upon request
• To take ownership that you are aware of your scheduled working hours (subject to change) and work to them on a weekly basis.
• To take ownership that you are aware of your scheduled academy attendance and attend classes as required
• To take ownership that all apprenticeship tasks is up to date at all times and to make detailed notes of all new tasks performed in the workplace on a daily basis. And submit to your sous chef weekly.
• To work as an individual and as part of a team by assisting in the preparation of mise-en-place and service for the section / department.
• Complete a mise-en-place list for your daily tasks in order of priority and check with your supervisor prior to commencing work.
• To cook and present food to the correct standard as outlined in the outlet menu manual and as per standards recommended by Leading Hotels of The World.
• To take ownership on correct portion control and that wastage is kept to a minimum and to ensure that correct stock rotation is evident within the section
• To take ownership for kitchen cleanliness at all times. To take care of your uniform, your personal appearance and hygiene in accordance with hotel policy and procedure.
• To assist with any duties as assigned by the Chef de Partie.
Other Duties and responsibilities:
• To maintain good working relations with your team and all other members of staff in the kitchen.
• To attend all mandatory training shows.
• To comply and be aware of the hotel fire and emergency procedures.
• To be aware and to ensure personal compliance with all hotel Health & Safety procedures.
• To hold a valid basic Food Hygiene certificate and to work to the procedures as stated in the Landmark food safety manual.
Positions Available : 4
Working Week : 40 hours various shifts to cover demand around a 5:30AM start and 11PM finish
Salary : £318.24 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 23/03/2019
Possible Start Date : 25/03/2019
Personal Qualities : It is essential to have a positive, 'can do' attitude, a willingness to learn and great attention to detail. As an Apprentice, you will be working with a dedicated and passionate Kitchen team.
Skills Required : The ideal candidate for the Apprenticeship wants to:
• Embraces new ideas and change in a positive manner.
• Work well with others in a team.
• Recognise the need to assist colleagues within busy and challenging periods.
Future Prospects : At The Landmark London, we are as committed to our team as we are to providing our guests with the highest personal care and attention. Continuous improvement is one of our key company behaviour and is ingrained within our culture. We are strong believers in investing in our team members’ personal and career development. As a learning organisation we work very closely with many institutions to allow our team members to grow and develop.
Training to be Provided : During the Apprenticeship you will be supported by our Chef Academy Manager who will coach, mentor and evaluate your skills and knowledge on-site throughout the year.
Other Information : In return for your work and dedication, we offer a fantastic package of benefits:
• Starting salary will be £16,500 p.a.
• Gratuity will be earned in addition to your salary
• 28 Paid holidays, including Bank Holidays
• Uniform and safety shoes provided
• 50% discount in our outlets (including sister properties) and discounted accommodation in our hotel and sister properties for team members, friends and family
• Life assurance cover
• Recommend a Friend bonus
• Fitness Centres discounts
• Season ticket loan
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
Things to consider : Shifts will vary to meet demands. Typically shifts may look be;
• Breakfast 5.30/6AM start and a 2.30/3PM finish
• Dinner 8/9AM start and a 4.30/5.30PM finish
• Evening 4/4.30PM start and a 11/11.30PM finish
The map below shows the employer's location